Vooma Peel PG92 will bring dual-SIM capability to iPhones
As Engadget points out, Vooma's new Peel PG92 isn't the first dual-SIM case for the iPhone, but it's probably the nicest-looking one. The planned case consists of a battery pack to charge your phone and an unlocked SIM slot that adds dual-SIM capability, but it requires a jailbroken iPhone 4 or 4S and a companion app.
TechCrunch tested a pre-release model, calling the Peel PG92 a "dumbed-down cellphone." Once the app is installed on jailbroken phones, a user can control the phone inside the case. The site said other than few sacrifices in rendering the interface that interacts with the second SIM card, it found that using Peel PG92 to place calls using the second SIM card worked seamlessly.
There's no price or availablity information yet, but those interested can sign up for more information through Vooma's site.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)