Apple corporate matching program raises $2.6M for charities
As first reported by AppleInsider, Apple has announced to its employees that their combined efforts have led to US$2.6 million being donated to charitable companies since the company's "Apple Matching Gifts Program" began. That's not a bad haul considering the program is only seven weeks old.
The program was started by Apple's new CEO Tim Cook in September. Through the program Apple will match employee donations dollar-for-dollar -- up to $10,000 per employee, per year -- to any nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization.
Currently the "Apple Matching Gifts Program" is only available to US employees, though Apple is expected to roll it out in other countries in the coming months.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)