Apple corporate matching program raises $2.6M for charities
As first reported by AppleInsider, Apple has announced to its employees that their combined efforts have led to US$2.6 million being donated to charitable companies since the company's "Apple Matching Gifts Program" began. That's not a bad haul considering the program is only seven weeks old.
The program was started by Apple's new CEO Tim Cook in September. Through the program Apple will match employee donations dollar-for-dollar -- up to $10,000 per employee, per year -- to any nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization.
Currently the "Apple Matching Gifts Program" is only available to US employees, though Apple is expected to roll it out in other countries in the coming months.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter