Apple corporate matching program raises $2.6M for charities
As first reported by AppleInsider, Apple has announced to its employees that their combined efforts have led to US$2.6 million being donated to charitable companies since the company's "Apple Matching Gifts Program" began. That's not a bad haul considering the program is only seven weeks old.
The program was started by Apple's new CEO Tim Cook in September. Through the program Apple will match employee donations dollar-for-dollar -- up to $10,000 per employee, per year -- to any nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization.
Currently the "Apple Matching Gifts Program" is only available to US employees, though Apple is expected to roll it out in other countries in the coming months.
As first reported by AppleInsider, Apple has announced to its employees that their combined efforts have led to US$2.6 million being...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs