Apple the most desired PC in China
China is one of Apple's most desirable markets, due to the growing middle class and the huge population base of over 1.3 billion people. It appears that the love goes both ways, as Macs are considered to be the most desirable brands of personal computer in China.
Investment firm Morgan Stanley, in an AlphaWise survey polling 1,553 Chinese consumers this summer, found that while very few Chinese currently own Macs, many are considering a Mac for their next purchase.
Only five percent of the survey respondents currently had Apple as the manufacturer of their existing PC, but 21 percent said they'd consider a Mac. Should Chinese consumers follow through, Apple would be the second place supplier of PCs to the nation, behind China-based Lenovo.
Most of the respondents said that they want a MacBook Pro or Air, which mirrors the trend towards laptops worldwide. Apple is also dominating and will continue to rule the tablet sector -- currently 65 percent of respondents said that they had an Apple tablet, and 68 percent will consider an iPad for their next tablet.
Earlier this year Morgan Stanley's research showed that Apple is the leading smartphone brand in China, overtaking Nokia as the market leader. Almost 40 percent of respondents in that survey said they'd buy an iPhone for their next handset, which is over four times the company's current share.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free