MacBook Pro, AirPort Base Station and Time Capsule firmware updated
Apple has released three new firmware updates all at once. MacBook Pro SMC Firmware Update 1.5 "resolves an issue where a MacBook Pro being used with a power adapter may unexpectedly shut down under heavy workload if the battery charge level is near empty." It's not entirely clear which models of MacBook Pro are covered by this firmware update; if in doubt, check for it via Software Update.
Digital Camera RAW Compatibility Update 3.9 adds RAW image support to Aperture 3 and iPhoto '11 for 11 new camera models.
AirPort Base Station and Time Capsule Firmware Update 7.6 addresses the most issues of all the firmware updates Apple's released today. According to Apple, the update is for all 802.11n AirPort Express, 802.11n AirPort Extreme and Time Capsules and addresses these issues:
- An issue with performance on overlapping wireless networks
- An issue with AirPlay audio streaming
- An issue with configuring multiple entries for DNS servers
The MacBook Pro and Digital Camera RAW updates can both be found via Software Update, but the updates for AirPort devices will have to be downloaded via AirPort Utility.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration