BiKN will turn your iPhone into a homing device
There's an interesting hardware software product coming from Treehouse Labs next year that is a kind of reversal on the Find my iPhone service. It's called BiKN, pronounced like "beacon," and it allows you to use small hardware tags that hook to keys, cameras, pets or even people so you can locate them.
The system also includes a special case for your iPhone that contains a receiver that interacts with the tracking tags, and of course an iOS app that makes the system complete. Up to 8 tags can be tracked at any time.
The tags have a slider that reveals a micro-USB port for quick charging. Seems like an interesting idea, and we'll certainly look at it when it ships. There's no word on price, what distance restrictions there are (I can see some privacy issues surfacing), or an exact date for availability. You can see a video of the BiKN in operation on YouTube.
There's an interesting hardware software product coming from Treehouse Labs next year that is a kind of reversal on the Find my iPhone...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free