Kindle Fire vs iPad side by side video comparison
A number of people received the new Kindle Fire tablet yesterday from Amazon, and for those of who already own iPads, the device was a bit of a letdown. Yes, it's smaller, and it has a lot of built-in linkage to the Amazon content empire, but in many ways the device is not as well thought-out or executed as the Apple device. iDownloadblog has published a side-by-side video comparison of the two devices so you can get a feel for each device's relative speed of operation.
The blog tested boot time, web browsing and video playback (via Netflix) on both tablets, and as the author noted, "It's a decent first attempt by Amazon, and it has tons of potential, but it still suffers from the fact that it's a first generation device."
If you're curious about the new device as a first tablet for a family member or yourself, definitely check out the video below.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free