Kindle Fire vs iPad side by side video comparison
A number of people received the new Kindle Fire tablet yesterday from Amazon, and for those of who already own iPads, the device was a bit of a letdown. Yes, it's smaller, and it has a lot of built-in linkage to the Amazon content empire, but in many ways the device is not as well thought-out or executed as the Apple device. iDownloadblog has published a side-by-side video comparison of the two devices so you can get a feel for each device's relative speed of operation.
The blog tested boot time, web browsing and video playback (via Netflix) on both tablets, and as the author noted, "It's a decent first attempt by Amazon, and it has tons of potential, but it still suffers from the fact that it's a first generation device."
If you're curious about the new device as a first tablet for a family member or yourself, definitely check out the video below.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs