First-generation iPod nano replacements begin to arrive
As detailed late last week, Apple announced a replacement program for first-generation iPod nanos created between September 2005 and January 2006. These particular models may overheat and pose a safety risk. Registered users of these iPod nanos were sent an email from Apple directing them to the replacement program.
Though the replacement program indicates that it may take up to six weeks to receive the replacement iPod nano, MacRumors is reporting that some applicants have already started to receive their replacement iPods.
And if you assumed that applicants to the replacement program would receive current generation iPod nanos in exchange for their faulty first-generation ones (especially since first-generation iPod nanos went out of production nearly five years ago), you wouldn't be the only one. However, the replacement nanos appear to be first-generation refurbished models.
As detailed late last week, Apple announced a replacement program for first-generation iPod nanos created between September 2005 and...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Pandora Radio 5.1: Wake up to your favorite station
- Microsoft revamps Bing for iPad
- Plex updated for iOS 7
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support