First-generation iPod nano replacements begin to arrive
As detailed late last week, Apple announced a replacement program for first-generation iPod nanos created between September 2005 and January 2006. These particular models may overheat and pose a safety risk. Registered users of these iPod nanos were sent an email from Apple directing them to the replacement program.
Though the replacement program indicates that it may take up to six weeks to receive the replacement iPod nano, MacRumors is reporting that some applicants have already started to receive their replacement iPods.
And if you assumed that applicants to the replacement program would receive current generation iPod nanos in exchange for their faulty first-generation ones (especially since first-generation iPod nanos went out of production nearly five years ago), you wouldn't be the only one. However, the replacement nanos appear to be first-generation refurbished models.
As detailed late last week, Apple announced a replacement program for first-generation iPod nanos created between September 2005 and...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free