Photojojo's iPhone Lens Dial a pricey, but cool iPhoneography accessory
Late last week, TUAW ran a story about the Holga iPhone Lens Filter Kit SLFT-IP4, a US$25 case that gives iPhoneographers a wheel of ten fun filters to put in front of their iPhone's camera lens. Now photography toy store Photojojo has something even more fun for the serious iPhone photographer -- the iPhone Lens Dial ($249).
This isn't a low-cost, cheap set of lenses from China. Instead, the Lens Dial is a machined aircraft-grade aluminum case for the iPhone 4 and 4S that features three lenses on a rotating dial. You have your choice of a .33x Fisheye lens, a .7x Wide Angle lens, and a 1.5x Telephoto lens, all made of optical-quality coated glass.
To make sure that your camera is rock-steady while shooting those pro photos, the Lens Dial comes complete with two tripod mounts -- one for portrait orientation, the other for landscape. Besides the hefty price tag of the Lens Dial, there's another cost you'll incur. This is a heavy little accessory, adding 10 ounces of weight to your lightweight (4.9 ounce) iPhone 4S.
Still, the Lens Dial looks a perfect gift for the iPhoneographer on your list. If you have any space on your shopping list, you can buy one for me, too. Please? I really have been good this year.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync