Mophie, Best Buy recalls overheating cases
A couple of recall notices went out earlier today for Mophie and Rocketfish battery cases.
Mophie is recalling the Juice Pack Air for the fourth-generation iPod touch. Affected models will have the first five digits of the serial number be between TR113 and TR120. Mophie said a small number of those units might overheat, causing the plastic to deform and damage the iPod touch. Those with affected units should stop using them and call (877) 308-4581 or fill out a form through Mophie's site.
Best Buy has issued a recall for its Rocketfish mobile battery case model RF-KL12, which appears on the inner surface of the case. These are for the iPhone 3 and 3GS. The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission and Health Canada said the case could possibly overheat while charging, causing a fire hazard. There were 14 cases of this happening in the U.S. with three of those incidents causing minor burns and another four causing property damage. Those with affected units should stop using them and contact Best Buy at (800) 917-5737 or visit its recall site. Affected customers are eligible for a Best Buy gift card for $70 in the U.S. or $105 in Canada.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved