Flowfold turns scrap sailcloth and recycled plastic into an attractive iPad 2 sleeve
If you're looking for an eco-friendly case for your iPad 2, you should take a closer look at Flowfold for the iPad. It's an attractive sleeve made of reclaimed sailcloth and recycled plastic bottle felt. This combination of recycled materials produces a sleeve that's weather-resistant on the outside and soft on the inside. It's available in some stylish-looking patterns, too.
The Flowfold iPad 2 case is a Kickstarter project from Charles Friedman, who also makes a wallet with the same materials. He came up with the idea for the Flowfold while working as sailmaker in Yarmouth, Maine. He used surplus sailcloth to fix his grandfather's wallet and spent the next five years perfecting the design from his home in coastal Maine. The iPad 2 case joins the wallet in his product lineup and is available online at Kickstarter. The first production run of sleeves will ship on December 14.
If you're looking for an eco-friendly case for your iPad 2, you should take a closer look at Flowfold for the iPad. It's an...
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved