Glidetrack mobislyder: A portable camera slider for your iPhone
One film technique that separates the pros from the amateurs is the tracking or dolly shot. With a tracking shot, the camera moves along a track, providing a sense of motion that isn't possible with a static camera. Glidetrack pioneered a portable camera slider (AKA track) in 2008, and now the company is taking pre-orders for a relatively inexpensive (US$135 introductory price) device called the mobislyder that's designed for shooting video with the iPhone, iPod touch, and other small cameras.
The mobislyder comes with five different mounts for attachment to your iPhone or other camera: an articulated mount, a mobile device mount, a 1/4" standards mount, an adhesive ball mount, and a 1/4" ball mount. The device is scheduled to begin shipping next week, and I'm sure that we'll start seeing a lot of incredible videos that show that professional touch that a camera slider can provide.
Want to see the mobislyder in action? Check out the video below to see how it can add movement and life to your iPhone videos.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Remote Desktop update brings OS X Mavericks support and improved multi-display support
- Valve revamps Steam Mobile for iOS
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype
- Amazon Cloud Drive Photos gains video, iPad support
- Pandora Radio 5.1: Wake up to your favorite station