Glidetrack mobislyder: A portable camera slider for your iPhone
One film technique that separates the pros from the amateurs is the tracking or dolly shot. With a tracking shot, the camera moves along a track, providing a sense of motion that isn't possible with a static camera. Glidetrack pioneered a portable camera slider (AKA track) in 2008, and now the company is taking pre-orders for a relatively inexpensive (US$135 introductory price) device called the mobislyder that's designed for shooting video with the iPhone, iPod touch, and other small cameras.
The mobislyder comes with five different mounts for attachment to your iPhone or other camera: an articulated mount, a mobile device mount, a 1/4" standards mount, an adhesive ball mount, and a 1/4" ball mount. The device is scheduled to begin shipping next week, and I'm sure that we'll start seeing a lot of incredible videos that show that professional touch that a camera slider can provide.
Want to see the mobislyder in action? Check out the video below to see how it can add movement and life to your iPhone videos.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features