Daily iPhone App: Judge Dredd vs. Zombies
There have been a few strangely licensed games on the App Store this year (Army of Darkness Defense jumps to mind), and Judge Dredd vs. Zombies is one of those. There's no Judge Dredd movies in production as far as I know, and the comic is still rather obscure, despite the Sylvester Stallone movie. But it doesn't really matter, because sometimes zombies, catchphrases and a good shotgun are all you need.
Judge Dredd vs. Zombies is pretty spare and is definitely a road we've run down before, but that doesn't mean it's not fun. A steady upgrade system keeps you jumping through thirty levels, and fun multiplier mechanics (hitting more zombies at a time will up your score) keep things interesting as you mow baddies and one-liners. It's a dual-stick game but these are actually single-stick controls as well. Just move with one virtual stick, and hit a big (red, duh) button to fire away.
It's fun stuff, and Game Center integration and the fact that it's a universal app for just 99 cents make this one easy to recommend. It's not anything new, but there's nothing wrong with playing through old kinds of gameplay done just right.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs