TUAW Best of 2011: Vote for best Mac peripheral or accessory of the year
The nominations are in, and the poll is ready to go! The TUAW Best of 2011 awards are all about you -- the readers -- and what you think is the cream of the crop of Apple or third-party products and software. To vote, select one entry from the top nominations made by readers. We'll be announcing the winner in just a few days. Vote early and often!
Today TUAW is asking for your vote for the best Mac peripheral or accessory of 2011. Unfortunately, a lot of readers apparently didn't see the word "Mac" in the call for nominations, so we had quite a few iPad and iPhone accessories that had to be thrown out. Don't worry -- we'll get to those soon enough.
The nominations that did make it through were varied. OWC's innovative Data Doubler received kudos from TUAW readers, as did one of my personal favorites, the Blue Yeti Pro microphone. OWC also received a thumbs-up for their Mercury 6G solid-state drives. TwelveSouth's PlugBug is a great accessory for both MacBook and iOS devices, and Logitech's Wireless Solar Keyboard K750 for Mac led the pack in battery-free capabilities.
Only one of these items will win TUAW's top honor for Mac peripheral or accessory of 2011. Naming the winner is all up to you.
|OWC Data Doubler Drive Bracket||86 (24.2%)|
|OWC Mercury 6G SSDs||86 (24.2%)|
|Blue Yeti Pro microphone||75 (21.1%)|
|TwelveSouth PlugBug||64 (18.0%)|
|Logitech Wireless Solar Keyboard K750 for Mac||45 (12.6%)|
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features