Apple TV updated to 4.4.4, iOS 5.0.1 'tweaked' for iPhone 4S
Apple has updated the Apple TV's software to version 4.4.4, though Mac Rumors and several other sites note that it's not yet clear what improvements the update offers over 4.4.3. The Apple TV's software remains significantly out of step with other iOS-powered devices; iPads and newer iPhones and iPod touches are now capable of running iOS 5, but the Apple TV remains running on iOS 4.
Apple has also issued a new version of iOS 5.0.1 exclusively for the iPhone 4S. While the build version differs from the previously released 5.0.1 update, users who have already updated to iOS 5.0.1 will be told that theirs is the most current version, suggesting that the new build contains only very minor tweaks not necessitating a 5.0.2 release. Anyone who has not yet updated to iOS 5.0.1 will consequently be updated to this new build version when/if they choose to update from 5.0.
Meanwhile, iOS 5.1 is currently in beta and recently had its second developer build released.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved