TUAW Best of 2011: Vote for the best Mac music app
The nominations are in, and the poll is ready to go! The TUAW Best of 2011 awards are all about you -- the readers -- and what you think is the cream of the crop of Apple or third-party products and software. To vote, select one entry from the top nominations made by readers. We'll be announcing the winner in just a few days. Vote early and often!
Today TUAW is asking for your vote for the best Mac music app of 2011. While we received relatively few nominations in this area, there were several apps that stood out as potential winners in this category.
Reaper (US$225 for commercial usage, $60 for individual use) is a powerful digital audio workstation app that does it all for musicians. It's "...a complete multitrack audio and MIDI recording, editing, processing, mixing, and mastering environment."
Maybe you want to create ringtones from your favorite music in iTunes. Several readers nominated Ringer ($3.99), and it's not surprising -- the app is consistently rated with five stars by users in the Mac App Store.
Only one of these apps will win TUAW's top honor for Mac music app of 2011. Naming the winner is all up to you.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature