Machinarium wins best Mac game title in TUAW Best of 2011 voting
Although relatively few people voted in this category, we have a winner in the TUAW Best of 2011 voting for the best Mac game.
Machinarium (US$9.99) from Amanita Design, a small independent game developer in the Czech Republic, pulled in 46.9 percent of the votes in our reader polling and won the title of Best Mac Game in the TUAW Best of 2011. The beautifully drawn puzzle game caught the imagination of both TUAW readers and buyers on the Mac App Store, who have given the app 4.5 stars (out of 5).
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic ($19.99) came in second with 28.1 percent of the votes.
Many thanks to the TUAW readers who nominated their favorite Mac game apps and then voted in the competition. Congratulations to Amanita Design on being the winner in this category for the TUAW Best of 2011.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time