Machinarium wins best Mac game title in TUAW Best of 2011 voting
Although relatively few people voted in this category, we have a winner in the TUAW Best of 2011 voting for the best Mac game.
Machinarium (US$9.99) from Amanita Design, a small independent game developer in the Czech Republic, pulled in 46.9 percent of the votes in our reader polling and won the title of Best Mac Game in the TUAW Best of 2011. The beautifully drawn puzzle game caught the imagination of both TUAW readers and buyers on the Mac App Store, who have given the app 4.5 stars (out of 5).
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic ($19.99) came in second with 28.1 percent of the votes.
Many thanks to the TUAW readers who nominated their favorite Mac game apps and then voted in the competition. Congratulations to Amanita Design on being the winner in this category for the TUAW Best of 2011.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)