Apple TV 2 is the favorite iPhone accessory of TUAW readers
OK, we'll probably get a lot of comments for this award, but in our reader nominations and voting, the second-generation Apple TV consistently won out as the most popular iPhone accessory of 2011. As a result, it wins a coveted TUAW Best of 2011 award.
Why did we consider the Apple TV to be an iPhone accessory? Because the device works so well with the iPhone. If you want to blast videos or photos that you've taken with your iPhone onto a large screen HDTV, the Apple TV is a fast, inexpensive (US$99) and wireless way to do so. The iPhone can act as a remote control for your Apple TV, although that almost turns the tables on the situation and makes the iPhone an accessory to the little black box.
The readers have spoken: 46.5 percent of respondents in our poll agreed that the second-generation Apple TV is a perfect match to an iPhone, and voted it into the TUAW Best of 2011.
In second place with 21.0 percent of the votes was a much more traditional iPhone accessory: the LifeProof case ($79.99) for iPhone 4 and 4S. This is a lightweight and relatively skinny case that offers incredible waterproof protection for your favorite phone.
Congratulations again to Apple for creating a winner!
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free