App Store holiday sales on now: GTA 3, id software, Dungeon Raid, lots more
The App Store freeze goes down today, so this is the last chance for many developers to put their apps on sale. And of course, many have taken advantage of that chance.
- Before we even start listing sales today, many of the sales previously listed, including EA and Gameloft's whole-catalog 99 cent sales, are still ongoing through the weekend.
- The anniversary release of Grand Theft Auto 3 is only $2.99. That's a bargain no matter which way you slice it -- pick it up.
- Japanese developer Cave is having a big 99 cents sale, with some of its bullet-hell shooters available for cheap.
- id Software is also going cheap, with Rage HD, Doom Classic, Doom II RPG, and more going on sale for just a buck.
- Hack-and-slash Aurum Blade (above) is free for the holidays.
- Monster RPG 2 is 99 cents.
- Comixology's great Comics app is having an in-store sale, with lots of comics for only a buck.
- Dungeon Raid is one of the best games of the year, and it's only $1.99 in a rare sale.
- Dragon Fantasy is an excellent 8-bit style RPG that's only a buck.
- Wayforward's excellent Shantae: Risky's Revenge platformer is only $1.99.
- Gamevil's Zenonia and Zenonia 2 are both completely free.
- iPad exclusive tower defense/strategy game Ant Raid is only a buck.
- Chillingo's Ravensword: The Fallen King is only 99 cents, and there's plenty of other Chillingo titles on sale for cheap as well.
- Disney's in on the sale, too, with Where's My Water, Jelly Car and lots of others for only 99 cents.
- Companions for iPad is only a buck.
- Galaxy Pirate Adventure got renamed as Galactic Phantasy, and it's only 99 cents right now.
- Word game Welder is just $1.99.
And that's only the ones we've heard of -- there are probably lots more sales out there. In other words, if there's an app that you've been wanting to buy, you should probably check up on it today, because if it's not on sale now, it probably won't be this year. Good luck, enjoy all of your new apps!
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype
- Amazon Cloud Drive Photos gains video, iPad support
- Pandora Radio 5.1: Wake up to your favorite station
- Microsoft revamps Bing for iPad
- Plex updated for iOS 7