DODOcase wins TUAW Best of 2011 award for iPad cases
It's official! DODOcase, the San Francisco-based company that started the entire "iPad case that looks like a book" craze shortly after the release of the first iPad, was voted the best iPad case of 2011 by TUAW readers. Almost half of the readers voting (49.4 percent) chose the DODOcase (US$59.95) from a ballot of five excellent iPad cases.
DODOcase took a faltering book bindery and turned it into a successful business, cranking out handmade iPad cases that look and feel like hardbound books, with a bamboo wood tray that snugly holds the tablet in place. It's been a favorite of TUAW bloggers and readers alike since April of 2010.
Congratulations to the DODOcase team, and thanks to all of the enthusiastic TUAW readers who nominated and voted for their favorites in the popular category.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app