BubCap is the TUAW Best of 2011 iPad accessory
Sometimes it's the little things that count. In our nominations for the best iPad accessories, several readers raved about BubCaps. These inexpensive little Home button covers (4 for US$5) hide the iPad or iPhone Home button to keep your kids from switching to another app and doing something fun like deleting all of your contacts or calling your boss. Apparently, a lot of parents need and use BubCaps, as they topped the reader voting in our TUAW Best of 2011 iPad accessory category.
Our resident alpha geekette and mom of three, Erica Sadun, wrote a review of the BubCap solution back in June of 2011. As she notes, each BubCap is a separate sticker that comes in one of three levels of rigidity -- the more rigid, the more difficult it is for tiny fingers to press that Home button. The BubCaps are removable and reusable, and do the job they're designed to do.
TUAW readers responded by giving BubCap 46.2 percent of the total votes in this category. Congratulations to Rob Mitchell of Paperclip Robot for winning the TUAW Best of 2011 award for the BubCap and for saving a lot of iPad-owning parents from embarrassment and/or data loss!
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free