iBooks Author makes its debut today for creating ebooks (Updated)
Apple has announced the free iBooks Author, an OS X application for creating any type of ebook. As with Pages, a number of templates are available for authors to use to get started with making a book. With a tap, they can be filled with stock text. Elements such as audio and video can be dragged and dropped onto the page. Keynote slides and other widgets can be added as interactive elements, and glossaries can be created with the click of a mouse button. You can even instantly preview a book on the iPad via the USB sync cable.
iBooks Author is a free download in the Mac App Store.
It's not available yet, but should be within the next couple of hours. You can download it right now, if you have a Mac running OS X 10.7 Lion. We'll have a fuller look at it later on today.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs