Adam Lashinsky's Inside Apple now available
I'm sure by now most of you have read Walter Isaacson's biography of Steve Jobs. If you're still hungry for more information on Apple, then you should pick up a copy of Adam Lashinsky's Inside Apple book. The book takes a corporate look at the inner workings of Apple. It introduces more of the business side of Steve Jobs and less of the personal side we saw in Isaacson's biography.
Lashinsky interviewed Apple's management team and several board members as part of his research into the business magic that drives Apple's brand. Many of those recent tidbits about Apple's inner workings have come from the Inside Apple book. The story about Apple's dedicated packaging room was pulled from Lashinsky's book as well as the idea that Apple is neither a fun nor a lucrative place to work, unless you climb into upper level management. There's also the revelation that Jobs talked with Lytro CEO Ren Ng about his focus-less camera technology.
Though the book will appeal to Apple fans wanting juicy details about Apple's corporate culture, Inside Apple is also meant to be a guide for business leaders looking to draw some leadership advice from a team many believe is the best in the business.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync