Apple increasing operations in Israel with Anobit, new research center
Apple recently confirmed its purchase of Israeli-based flash memory firm Anobit, and today Israeli business newspaper Calcalist reports [Google translation, subscription required] Apple will open a research center in Haifa this February.
Calcalist notes that the research center is not related to the Anobit acquisition, and Anobit employees should not expect to be working there. Speaking of employees, Apple is reportedly seeking engineers with experience in chip development, and has already received "several hundred resumes" from interested hopefuls.
During yesterday's earnings call, Apple CEO Tim Cook noted that Senior Vice President of Hardware Engineering Bob Mansfield is now in charge of the Anobit team.
[Via 9to5 Mac]
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration