Apple increasing operations in Israel with Anobit, new research center
Apple recently confirmed its purchase of Israeli-based flash memory firm Anobit, and today Israeli business newspaper Calcalist reports [Google translation, subscription required] Apple will open a research center in Haifa this February.
Calcalist notes that the research center is not related to the Anobit acquisition, and Anobit employees should not expect to be working there. Speaking of employees, Apple is reportedly seeking engineers with experience in chip development, and has already received "several hundred resumes" from interested hopefuls.
During yesterday's earnings call, Apple CEO Tim Cook noted that Senior Vice President of Hardware Engineering Bob Mansfield is now in charge of the Anobit team.
[Via 9to5 Mac]
Apple recently confirmed its purchase of Israeli-based flash memory firm Anobit, and today Israeli business newspaper Calcalist reports...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update