Apple increasing operations in Israel with Anobit, new research center
Apple recently confirmed its purchase of Israeli-based flash memory firm Anobit, and today Israeli business newspaper Calcalist reports [Google translation, subscription required] Apple will open a research center in Haifa this February.
Calcalist notes that the research center is not related to the Anobit acquisition, and Anobit employees should not expect to be working there. Speaking of employees, Apple is reportedly seeking engineers with experience in chip development, and has already received "several hundred resumes" from interested hopefuls.
During yesterday's earnings call, Apple CEO Tim Cook noted that Senior Vice President of Hardware Engineering Bob Mansfield is now in charge of the Anobit team.
[Via 9to5 Mac]
Apple recently confirmed its purchase of Israeli-based flash memory firm Anobit, and today Israeli business newspaper Calcalist reports...
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved