Dear Aunt TUAW: Help me find a WiFi stumbler app for Lion
Dear Aunt TUAW,
I'm a Mac IT professional, and often find myself configuring, troubleshooting, and optimizing wireless networks.
In the past I used AP Grapher to graph wireless strength and find competing Wi-Fi networks as I walk around my clients' offices. This allows me to pick the best channel to use with the least competition, troubleshoot wireless strength, and find the optimal location for my hardware.
In Lion, AP Grapher has gone from unstable to unusable. I've found that it hasn't been updated since 2007.
I have tested other Mac stumbler applications, but have yet to find one that works with Lion. Most crash on launch and others don't reliably detect wireless networks.
Can you recommend a Mac application for graphing my wireless strength and recording info about competing wireless networks?
Your loving nephew,
You might also want to try out the Wi-Fi diagnostics app that's bundled with Lion's Core Services.
Dear Aunt TUAW, I'm a Mac IT professional, and often find myself configuring, troubleshooting, and optimizing wireless networks. In the...
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved
- Twitter updates its OS X client