Valentine's Day app sales underway: Treasures of Montezuma, Hanging with Friends, Order and Chaos Online
Romance is almost in the air (even, if you're as single as I am, though you might not care), and that means what every holiday seems to mean around the App Store: More sales! With all these great deals on apps, you can either enjoy one with your sweetie, or use them to distract you from your lonely, solo existence.
- Match-3-alike Ablazed is free right now, as the recently re-released Hand of Greed (which has been re-released a few times now right?).
- Sega has quite a few of its titles on sale for just 99 cents, including most of the Sonic titles, Streets of Rage, Golden Axe, Altered Beast and Gunstar Heroes.
- EA (surprised? Us either) has lots of titles on sale too, including Scrabble, Risk, Spy Mouse, and The Sims.
- Telltale has Back to the Future Episode 1 up for free, and the rest of them up for just $2.99.
- Crescent Moon also has a solid sale on, including the beautiful Gears puzzle platformer, Pocket RPG for iPhone (no HD sale, unfortunately), and Evertales.
- Match 3 title Treasures of Montezuma 3 is on sale for iPhone for 99 cents, and the iPad version is $2.99.
- Vito Technology's "Walk" apps are all on sale for the holiday.
- Fantasy Sky HD is free.
- The ad-free version of Zynga's Hanging with Friends is just a buck. Careful with playing it on an airplane, though.
- WoW-alike Order and Chaos Online is also just a buck. Comes with a free three month subscription, but you'll have to pay after that.
- TanZen for iPhone is free -- but the iPad version is not.
- Loud Crow Interactive is putting one of its apps on sale every day up and through Valentine's Day -- you have to follow them on Twitter to know which one, however.
We might see even more as the holiday gets closer, so stay tuned.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter