Magnus magnetic stand has a hold on your iPad 2
Sometimes the most simple accessories can be the most effective. When I received a tiny box from Ten One Design claiming to hold a stand that would support an iPad 2 in an upright position, I scoffed. But it turns out that the Magnus magnetic stand (US$49.95) really does work.
The Magnus is a tiny sculpted piece of aluminum with a very powerful magnetic strip at the bottom. When you place an iPad 2 onto it in the designated landscape orientation (with the home button on the right side), the Magnus and iPad click together. Held in the magnetic clutch of the Magnus, the iPad is nicely balanced and stays securely perched.
This is one of the smallest iPad stands I've reviewed so far ... and I've reviewed a lot of 'em. For anyone who wants a stand that will hold an iPad in landscape orientation and is virtually invisible at the same time, the Magnus is your product.
On the other hand, if you like your iPad in the full, upright position (portrait) look elsewhere. For movie viewing or using the iPad with a Bluetooth keyboard, the Magnus is perfect.
At 4.6 ounces, the Magnus won't load down your favorite iPad bag while in transit. And dang, it just looks good. There's not much more to say than that, so I'll just let you take a look at the gallery for more views of what could become your favorite slab of aluminum ... other than your iPad 2.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free