Talkcast tonight, 7pm PT/10pm ET: White sale edition!
This evening we'll have some guests too! One Apple briefing recipient, The Loop's Jim Dalrymple*, and Jeff Gamet of The Mac Observer will be there to discuss the latest Apple Cat and possibly how the OS kitty stacks up against the real one.
As always, Kelly hosting the show means there will be aftershow. Which could mean...well, anything really, all bets are off when the aftershow's on.
Since it's really all about you, the community, join me won't you? To participate, you can use the browser-only Talkshoe client, the embedded Facebook app, or download the classic TalkShoe Pro Java client; however, for +5 Interactivity, you should call in. For the web UI, just click the Talkshoe Web button on our profile page at 4 HI/7 PDT/10 pm EDT Sunday. To call in on regular phone or VoIP lines (Viva free weekend minutes!): dial (724) 444-7444 and enter our talkcast ID, 45077 -- during the call, you can request to talk by keying in *8.
If you've got a headset or microphone handy on your Mac (you know those headphones that came with your iPhone or iPod touch?), you can connect via the free X-Lite Zoiper, or Blink SIP clients. You can also use any other SIP clients (aside from Skype or Google Voice), with these instructions. (If you prefer Blink, the pro version is available in the Mac App Store.) Talk to you tonight!
* While Jim has confirmed his appearance, we are uncertain yet if The Beard will be joining him.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter