Gadzooks! Zooka's wireless speaker bar is a hit on Kickstarter
Last week I heard about a new Bluetooth wireless speaker for iOS devices that sounded pretty interesting, but since it was "just" a Kickstarter campaign and we get a lot of product pitches for speakers in production, I completely forgot about it. That was until today, when I found out that the Zooka Wireless Speaker Bar has completely blown by its funding goal of $25,000 with 25 days left to go.
The Zooka looks like a pretty cool product, although in my opinion the jury will be out until we have a chance to actually try one. Zooka works with any iOS device, but is most striking when it is attached to an iPad. The device has a speaker at each end of a silicone tube that can be used as an iPad grip, and it features internal rechargeable Lithium-Ion batteries for up to 8 hours of amped-up sound.
There are plans to make Zookas in a variety of colors -- orange, fluorescent green, dark blue, brown, tan, and black -- and high-level backers even get the opportunity to get a limited edition glow-in-the-dark version.
Check out the video below for a demonstration of this unique take on a Bluetooth tablet speaker.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync