Gadzooks! Zooka's wireless speaker bar is a hit on Kickstarter
Last week I heard about a new Bluetooth wireless speaker for iOS devices that sounded pretty interesting, but since it was "just" a Kickstarter campaign and we get a lot of product pitches for speakers in production, I completely forgot about it. That was until today, when I found out that the Zooka Wireless Speaker Bar has completely blown by its funding goal of $25,000 with 25 days left to go.
The Zooka looks like a pretty cool product, although in my opinion the jury will be out until we have a chance to actually try one. Zooka works with any iOS device, but is most striking when it is attached to an iPad. The device has a speaker at each end of a silicone tube that can be used as an iPad grip, and it features internal rechargeable Lithium-Ion batteries for up to 8 hours of amped-up sound.
There are plans to make Zookas in a variety of colors -- orange, fluorescent green, dark blue, brown, tan, and black -- and high-level backers even get the opportunity to get a limited edition glow-in-the-dark version.
Check out the video below for a demonstration of this unique take on a Bluetooth tablet speaker.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update