2011 Macs get EFI Firmware Update
Have a 2011 Mac mini, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air and iMac? If Software Update hasn't yet told you about it, there's an EFI Firmware Update available that you might want to install.
According to the release notes, "This update improves the reliability of booting from the network, addresses an issue that can prevent HDCP authentication after a reboot, and resolves an issue with boot device selection when a USB storage device is hot-plugged."
The direct links to the updates are as follows:
- Mac mini EFI Firmware Update 1.6 - Mac mini (Mid 2011)
iMac EFI Firmware Update 1.9 - iMac (Early 2011)
- MacBook Air EFI Firmware Update 2.4 - MacBook Air (Mid 2011)
MacBook Pro EFI Firmware Update 2.7 - MacBook Pro (Early 2011) and (Late 2011)
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Remote Desktop update brings OS X Mavericks support and improved multi-display support
- Valve revamps Steam Mobile for iOS
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype
- Amazon Cloud Drive Photos gains video, iPad support
- Pandora Radio 5.1: Wake up to your favorite station