Apple preparing to build Italy's "most important" Apple Store
Apple has a handful of stores in Italy, but none will supposedly compare to the store Apple is building in Via Roma, Turin. According to a report by Italian website Macity, Apple is planning a flagship store that could become one of Apple's most important outlets.
The Via Roma store will occupy over 1000 square meters and will be "more sophisticated" than Apple's current mall-based stores. Macity claims the store will be as "prestigious" as Apple's other European outlets. The location is currently being gutted internally and renovated by Apple to fit in with the styling of Apple's retail outlets. The construction will be completed and the store will open later this year, possibly as early as September 2012.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options
- Amazon Instant Video app now offers free, ad-supported TV episodes, new HBO shows