Apple tops list of most profitable US retail chains
Research company RetailSails has released a report placing Apple at the top of retail chains with an average of US$5,600 in sales per square foot. By comparison, the jewelry store Tiffany comes in at a distant no. 2 with $3,085 in sales per square foot.
247WallSt notes that all the sellers at the top of this list deal in luxury goods with the exception of Gamestop. That means those who do make purchases at these stores are going to spend more money than someone grabbing a few groceries at Walmart, which averages $414 in sales per square foot.
It's always neat to see these sorts of sales figures for Apple. For example, in December, an analysis showed that each Apple Store employee was worth $320,000 in revenue to the company, possibly even more.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options
- Amazon Instant Video app now offers free, ad-supported TV episodes, new HBO shows