Apple tops list of most profitable US retail chains
Research company RetailSails has released a report placing Apple at the top of retail chains with an average of US$5,600 in sales per square foot. By comparison, the jewelry store Tiffany comes in at a distant no. 2 with $3,085 in sales per square foot.
247WallSt notes that all the sellers at the top of this list deal in luxury goods with the exception of Gamestop. That means those who do make purchases at these stores are going to spend more money than someone grabbing a few groceries at Walmart, which averages $414 in sales per square foot.
It's always neat to see these sorts of sales figures for Apple. For example, in December, an analysis showed that each Apple Store employee was worth $320,000 in revenue to the company, possibly even more.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync