Dear Aunt TUAW: Help me de-install Pogoplug
Dear Aunt TUAW,
My Pogoplug died several months ago. I haven't been using it since then. Today I discovered that it was still launching about a half dozen background processes, for example:
93 ?? 0:03.62 /Applications/Pogoplug/.resources/bin/hbwd /Applications/Pogoplug/.resources/bin/hbadmin.
Help me stop these from launching. I don't have a Pogoplug anymore and I don't want it running stuff that I haven't agreed to.
Thanks a bunch and here's some home-baked cookies for your pinochle night.
Your loving nephew,
The cookies were amazing! Who knew that you could make lace-pattered Werther's flavored shortbread?
As for your Pogoplug dilemma, Auntie sympathizes. Apps should always provide uninstallers as part of their basic dmg release. Auntie contacted Smadar Artsi, the head of Pogoplug support to see if he could help uninstall the software.
He sent along a script (which has been emailed to you directly) but asked that Auntie refrain from posting a public link to it. He writes, "I prefer this script not to become available to all – but through the support only on a request basis." So if any of Auntie's other nieces and nephews are facing a similar dilemma, go ahead and contact Pogoplug support directly.
Hugs and poodles,
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter