Apple releases Mac updates for iPhoto, iTunes, GarageBand and Xcode
Apple has issued updates to the Mac versions of iPhoto, iTunes, GarageBand and Xcode. iPhoto is now up to version 9.2.2, which lets users delete images from Photo Stream. Hooray!
iTunes 10.6, as we mentioned earlier, adds the ability to play 1080p HD movies and TV shows from the iTunes Store.
According to Apple, the new version of GarageBand, 6.0.5, "...supports general compatibility and addresses overall stability and performance, including the following:
- Updates compatibility with GarageBand for iOS projects
- Fixes a playback issue with the GarageBand Lesson preview videos
- Corrects issues with some software instruments triggering incorrect or stuck notes"
Finally, Xcode 4.3.1 "...is now distributed as an application," Apple says, "rather than as an installer. This change enables Xcode to be updated directly from the Mac App Store." Other changes include a new code signing workflow which supports signing OS X apps with Developer ID and the addition of command-line tools to the Downloads preference pane.
They're all available now, so have at it.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free