Build your own iPhone 4, 4S macro lens
Many iPhoneographers have been looking for a macro lens that will work with the iPhone 4 and 4S to take awesome closeup images. Unfortunately, a lot of those lenses cost a few bucks -- the Olloclip (which also includes a fisheye and wide-angle lens) runs $69.99, and while the magnetic macro lens from Photojojo is only $20, it also leaves a lot to be desired. Now appsman over at Instructables.com has designed a slide-on macro lens holder that can be had for about $15.
The design looks good, and can be used with any iPhone 4 or 4S without a case. Of course, if you're really looking for an inexpensive macro lens for your iPhone, you can always try a water drop ...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free