Build your own iPhone 4, 4S macro lens
Many iPhoneographers have been looking for a macro lens that will work with the iPhone 4 and 4S to take awesome closeup images. Unfortunately, a lot of those lenses cost a few bucks -- the Olloclip (which also includes a fisheye and wide-angle lens) runs $69.99, and while the magnetic macro lens from Photojojo is only $20, it also leaves a lot to be desired. Now appsman over at Instructables.com has designed a slide-on macro lens holder that can be had for about $15.
The design looks good, and can be used with any iPhone 4 or 4S without a case. Of course, if you're really looking for an inexpensive macro lens for your iPhone, you can always try a water drop ...
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter