Build your own iPhone 4, 4S macro lens
Many iPhoneographers have been looking for a macro lens that will work with the iPhone 4 and 4S to take awesome closeup images. Unfortunately, a lot of those lenses cost a few bucks -- the Olloclip (which also includes a fisheye and wide-angle lens) runs $69.99, and while the magnetic macro lens from Photojojo is only $20, it also leaves a lot to be desired. Now appsman over at Instructables.com has designed a slide-on macro lens holder that can be had for about $15.
The design looks good, and can be used with any iPhone 4 or 4S without a case. Of course, if you're really looking for an inexpensive macro lens for your iPhone, you can always try a water drop ...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update