Build your own iPhone 4, 4S macro lens
Many iPhoneographers have been looking for a macro lens that will work with the iPhone 4 and 4S to take awesome closeup images. Unfortunately, a lot of those lenses cost a few bucks -- the Olloclip (which also includes a fisheye and wide-angle lens) runs $69.99, and while the magnetic macro lens from Photojojo is only $20, it also leaves a lot to be desired. Now appsman over at Instructables.com has designed a slide-on macro lens holder that can be had for about $15.
The design looks good, and can be used with any iPhone 4 or 4S without a case. Of course, if you're really looking for an inexpensive macro lens for your iPhone, you can always try a water drop ...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature