Gizmon iCA Military Edition Case: iPhone protection with a Cold War era spy camera vibe
iPhone 4S owners already know that they have a pretty decent digital camera in their hands. However, if you long for the days of knurled metal knobs, optical viewfinders, and hand-focused lenses, you were pretty much out of luck -- until now. Four Corner Store has developed the Gizmon iCA Military Edition Case for the iPhone 4/4S (US$70.00) that brings all of the look and feel of the classic Leica rangefinder camera to your favorite Apple phone.
The case is made of 25 polycarbonate pieces that recreate the Leica look while offering protection to your iPhone. For serious iPhoneographers, there's also a detachable tripod mount on the bottom of the case and a real optical viewfinder for lining up shots. If that's not enough, you can also purchase a macro lens ($45) and a fisheye lens ($55) that click onto the case for extra utility.
As for the "lens" on the Gizmon iCA Military Edition Case, it's fake. The "glass" in the center is actually a mirror for lining up self portraits. This über-cool case is available for pre-orders now, and will be shipping on St. Patrick's Day, March 17.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options
- Amazon Instant Video app now offers free, ad-supported TV episodes, new HBO shows