Photoshop CS6 to require 64-bit multi-core Mac
Adobe is following Apple's lead with OS X 10.7 Lion and ending support for 32-bit Macintosh systems. Starting with Adobe Photoshop CS6, Mac users must have a 64-bit, multi-core system with at least OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard.
If you have a Core 2 Duo or a Core iX system then you should be ready for the next version of Photoshop when it is released. If you have a Core Duo or older machine, then you should stay with CS5 and not upgrade to CS6.
If you are not sure about your hardware, then check out this Apple support document which'll tell how to find out whether you have a 32-bit or 64-bit system.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)