Fair Labor Association finds multiple violations at Foxconn facilities
The Fair Labor Association has announced the first results of its Foxconn investigation. The report documents more than 50 violations or policy gaps including excessive overtime, unpaid wages and low salaries that can't cover the workers' basic necessities. The results in this report came from a survey of workers in Foxconn's Chinese facilities earlier this year.
Apple responded by saying, "We appreciate the work the FLA has done to assess conditions at Foxconn, and we fully support their recommendations. We think empowering workers and helping them understand their rights is essential." You can read the entire report at the FLA's website.
[Via The Wall Street Journal]
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options