Will TUAW skip its Talkcast tonight?
We meet again, Sunday. At least this one has been mildly entertaining in some respects (for example, the trimumphant return of the Apple Store Playset to ThinkGeek's front page and TUAW's honoring of Betteridge's Law for the day).
While fun, it is not a joke that we'll be firing up the Talkcast starting at 7PM Pacific time, 10pm Eastern. We'll discuss App Stores for Mac OS and iOS; specifically the high points and low points of each. We'll also spend a bit of time on the Fair Labor Association report released this week.
As usual, Kelly's hosting the show means there will be aftershow. Unlike the cake, the aftershow is NOT a lie. (Sometimes the aftershow has cake discussion as well, but that's another story.)
Since it's really all about you, the community, join me won't you? To participate, you can use the browser-only Talkshoe client, the embedded Facebook app, or download the classic TalkShoe Pro Java client; however, for +5 Interactivity, you should call in. For the web UI, just click the Talkshoe Web button on our profile page at 4 HI/7 PDT/10 pm EDT Sunday. To call in on regular phone or VoIP lines (Viva free weekend minutes!): dial (724) 444-7444 and enter our talkcast ID, 45077 -- during the call, you can request to talk by keying in *8.
If you've got a headset or microphone handy on your Mac, you can connect via the free X-Lite or other SIP clients (aside from Skype or Google Voice), basic instructions are here. (If you prefer Blink, the pro version is available in the Mac App Store.) Talk to you tonight!
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync