Motrr Galileo robotic iPhone platform is go for launch
One of the coolest Apple-related Kickstarter projects in the recent past has been the Motrr Galileo, a robotic iPhone platform. The project has definitely been funded -- it's now at US$400,000 with a $100,000 goal -- and it appears that the first devices will be shipped some time in June. There's still time for you to be a Galileo backer and get one for $85 -- the actual price tag when the product hits the market will be $129.95.
The founders of Motrr are no strangers to the world of successful products. Josh Guyot and JoeBen Bevirt are the designers of the Joby and Gorillapod flexible camera tripods. With Galileo they'll have an awesome iOS-controlled motorized platform with an API for developers who want their apps to be able to control the device.
If you haven't seen the Galileo in action, check out the video below.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free