Gartner: Apple takes third place in US PC shipments for Q1 2012
Gartner released its quarterly shipment estimates for the PC market in Q1 2012. The results show that Apple is in third place with a 10.6 percent market share. The Cupertino company trails HP and Dell which has a 29 percent and 22.3 percent market share, respectively.
Gartner calculates that Apple shipped 1.6 million Macs in Q1 2012, which is a 3.8 percent increase from the same quarter in 2011. It doesn't beat HP which increased 6.6 percent year over year, but it is better than the overall US PC industry which declined 3.5 percent. These numbers include desktop PCs, notebooks and mini-notebooks, but does not include media tablets like the iPad.
Gartner released its quarterly shipment estimates for the PC market in Q1 2012. The results show that Apple is in third place with a...
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved
- Twitter updates its OS X client