Gartner: Apple takes third place in US PC shipments for Q1 2012
Gartner released its quarterly shipment estimates for the PC market in Q1 2012. The results show that Apple is in third place with a 10.6 percent market share. The Cupertino company trails HP and Dell which has a 29 percent and 22.3 percent market share, respectively.
Gartner calculates that Apple shipped 1.6 million Macs in Q1 2012, which is a 3.8 percent increase from the same quarter in 2011. It doesn't beat HP which increased 6.6 percent year over year, but it is better than the overall US PC industry which declined 3.5 percent. These numbers include desktop PCs, notebooks and mini-notebooks, but does not include media tablets like the iPad.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service