You're the Pundit: Redesign Apple's High End Mac
When it comes to evaluating the next big thing, we turn to our secret weapon: the TUAW braintrust. We put the question to you and let you have your go at it. Today's topic is the Mac Pro.
Recently we wondered whether Apple would gracefully retire its high end workhorse or if the old gal was good for at least one more refresh. In response, many of our readers wondered whether Apple could change the Pro instead of just burying it in history.
So today, we are asking you this: if Apple does take the Mac Pro away, what is your dream high-end Mac product?
You tell us. Place your vote in this poll and then join in the comments with all your suggestions.
|It looks surprisingly like a Mac Pro. No, wait. It *is* a Mac Pro. Don't kill my baby, Apple||2004 (41.6%)|
|Feels like an Air, functions like a Mac Pro||810 (16.8%)|
|Mac mini tower with Thunderbolt and an Apple-branded PCIx chassis||1271 (26.4%)|
|The ultimate touch-based next generation iMac||457 (9.5%)|
|A 9" iNetbook. We call it the CrapBook Air. It drops OS X support and runs a Win Mobile/Ubuntu hybrid, retailing for $147.97 at Walmart||128 (2.7%)|
|Something else. I'll tell you in the comments.||145 (3.0%)|
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options