Flare for Mac version 1.3 adds new shuffle feature
Flare is a fun Mac app for adding effects and filters to your digital photographs. The Iconfactory has released version 1.3 of Flare with a number of changes, including one that adds a bit of randomness to the effect you apply.
The Shuffle feature is used once you've applied one of the built-in presets to an image. What it does is slightly tweak the settings in that preset to add a random variation. Other improvements to Flare include the ability to add multiple presets to an image by dragging and dropping them, better control of the quality of JPEG images while exporting them, a new cropping aspect ration of 4x5, and more robust final rendering when you're exporting an image.
Flare also now supports Application Sandbox, a step towards compatibility with the forthcoming Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion. That feature improves the security of the app and your Mac. Iconfactory also notes that a number of bugs have been squashed with the latest release. The update is available from the Mac App Store now.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter