aTV Flash (black) for jailbroken Apple TVs updated with NFS support, more
FireCore just updated aTV Flash (black), an alternative software package for the second generation Apple TV. With a jailbroken Apple TV and the FireCore software, you can use the media device to surf the web, stream content from a NAS, play back popular media formats (MKV, AVI, MP4) and more.
The latest version of the aTV Flash (black) package brings the software to release version 1.5. This version adds support for NFS streaming, subtitle timing settings, new language translations and a bunch of improvements and fixes. FireCore is still working on both the untethered version of aTV Flash (black) for the Apple TV2 and the version for the third generation Apple TV.
You can grab the $30 software from FireCore's website and follow the instructions to install it to your jailbroken AppleTV. Current aTV Flash (black) users can update through the Maintenance --> Manage Extras menu. You can also download the update to your computer using the download link found in your account under the Downloads tab.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync