Another Mac Flashback variant out, but still uses same (patched) vulnerability
We're not quite done with Flashback yet. The good news is that the number of Macs affected by the trojan has gone down greatly, but the bad news is that there's a new variant of it out in the public. It's called Flashback.S, and just like the original, it can worm its way into a Mac's home folder without the admin password.
But the new version still just takes advantage of that same vulnerability in Java, and that's already been patched. So if you've updated your Java post-Flashback, there's nothing to worry about. It's been quite a nuisance for Mac owners, however!
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype
- Amazon Cloud Drive Photos gains video, iPad support
- Pandora Radio 5.1: Wake up to your favorite station
- Microsoft revamps Bing for iPad
- Plex updated for iOS 7