Pixelmator updated to 2.0.3: Better memory management, more enhancements
Pixelmator today updated its self-named app to version 2.0.3, with a lot of improvements to the popular image editing application.
Probably the biggest improvement is in the management of memory usage. Pixelmator says that most users will "see their memory footprint cut in half" which should "sweeten performance noticeably and make using Pixelmator an even faster and smoother experience."
If you use the Export for Web feature regularly, you'll be happy to know that Pixelmator has fixed both the stability and compatibility issues that were inherent in previous versions. The list of improvements and fixes is incredibly lengthy -- readers can get a full list of them here.
One final note: if you are one of the many Lion users who is unhappy with the Autosave feature, the company has provided a Terminal command that you can use to turn off that capability in Pixelmator.
Pixelmator notes that they're on track to release their next major update to Pixelmator 2.1, although they don't mention a specific ship date.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs