Kaspersky Lab: Apple is '10 years behind Microsoft' on security
Kaspersky founder and CEO Eugene Kaspersky told Computer Business Review that malware targeting the Mac is beginning to grow and Apple needs to take notice.
The CEO said Apple is "ten years behind Microsoft in terms of security," and asserts that Apple must change its approach towards security soon. He said, Apple "will have to make changes in terms of the cycle of updates and so on and will be forced to invest more into their security audits for the software."
I don't have any doubt that Apple will be able to plug holes that may be discovered in OS X or third-party software, just like it did with the latest Flashback exploit that targeted a Java vulnerability.
Kaspersky founder and CEO Eugene Kaspersky told Computer Business Review that malware targeting the Mac is beginning to grow and Apple...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free