Kaspersky Lab: Apple is '10 years behind Microsoft' on security
Kaspersky founder and CEO Eugene Kaspersky told Computer Business Review that malware targeting the Mac is beginning to grow and Apple needs to take notice.
The CEO said Apple is "ten years behind Microsoft in terms of security," and asserts that Apple must change its approach towards security soon. He said, Apple "will have to make changes in terms of the cycle of updates and so on and will be forced to invest more into their security audits for the software."
I don't have any doubt that Apple will be able to plug holes that may be discovered in OS X or third-party software, just like it did with the latest Flashback exploit that targeted a Java vulnerability.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options
- Amazon Instant Video app now offers free, ad-supported TV episodes, new HBO shows