Kaspersky Lab: Apple is '10 years behind Microsoft' on security
Kaspersky founder and CEO Eugene Kaspersky told Computer Business Review that malware targeting the Mac is beginning to grow and Apple needs to take notice.
The CEO said Apple is "ten years behind Microsoft in terms of security," and asserts that Apple must change its approach towards security soon. He said, Apple "will have to make changes in terms of the cycle of updates and so on and will be forced to invest more into their security audits for the software."
I don't have any doubt that Apple will be able to plug holes that may be discovered in OS X or third-party software, just like it did with the latest Flashback exploit that targeted a Java vulnerability.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync