Targus Plug-N-Power Charging Station keeps peace in the family
In many homes with multiple iOS devices, charging up those iPhones, iPads, and iPod touches can turn into a battle for dominance over a wall socket. Targus is now selling the Plug-N-Power Charging Station (US$29.99) to keep the peace in your household and ensure that all of your gadgets are fully charged up every day.
Instead of requiring you to replace a wall socket like the Newer Technology Power2U AC/USB Wall Outlet, the Plug-N-Power simply plugs into a standard US double-socket AC adapter and provides two high-power USB ports and three AC plugs. Those three regular AC outlets are surge protected, keeping your electronics or kitchen appliances safe from the occasional nearby lightning strike.
In our household, the Plug-N-Power has become a quick favorite, as it allows my wife and I to charge up all of our gear -- two iPads and two iPhones, and still leave an outlet open for something else we might need to plug in.
The Plug-N-Power surge protectors provide 540 joules of protection for the three AC outlets, and the USB plugs put out a full 2.1 Amps of current for rapid charging of your iPad. There's a green LED that lights up to let you know when the AC outlets are protected. The USB ports can pump out 15 watts of power.
Sure, it's not the most exciting iOS accessory on the market, but it's certainly a useful one. Check out the official Targus video below.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app