AllThingsD looks at Paypal's new payments app
AllThingsD reporter Lauren Goode spent some time shopping with both Pay with Square and PayPal's new mobile payment app. The two solutions are one of several up-and-coming mobile payment platforms competing for your virtual wallet.
Overall, Goode concluded that paying with the PayPal app was "relatively quick and painless." Not surprisingly, she noted that the biggest hindrance to either solution is the lack of merchants who are willing to offer mobile payments. It's still too new of a technology to go mainstream, at least right now.
You can read the full comparison at AllThingsD's website.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter