AllThingsD looks at Paypal's new payments app
AllThingsD reporter Lauren Goode spent some time shopping with both Pay with Square and PayPal's new mobile payment app. The two solutions are one of several up-and-coming mobile payment platforms competing for your virtual wallet.
Overall, Goode concluded that paying with the PayPal app was "relatively quick and painless." Not surprisingly, she noted that the biggest hindrance to either solution is the lack of merchants who are willing to offer mobile payments. It's still too new of a technology to go mainstream, at least right now.
You can read the full comparison at AllThingsD's website.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options
- Amazon Instant Video app now offers free, ad-supported TV episodes, new HBO shows