Beoplay A3 iPad stereo dock has a unique design
Bang & Olufsen offshoot brand Beoplay is giving the iPad speaker dock the B&O design treatment with the new Beoplay A3 iPad stereo dock.
As you'd expect from the Danish electronics design firm, the Beoplay A3 is a minimalist, slim, black and polished metal wedge into which a first or second generation iPad is placed (no word on whether the shipping product will support the new iPad). The dock sense the iPad's orientation and adjusts which speakers are activated in order to produce the best possible sound quality.
The A3 is designed to run off of AC if you want to use it as a kitchen or coffee table information center, but can also be powered for up to five hours off of a built-in battery. The firmware of the device is upgradeable through the free Bang & Olufsen Setup Utility app.
There's no price or availability information for the Beoplay A3 yet, but you can sign up to be notified when it appears in the Beoplay online store.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service