Apple TV firmware update 5.0.1
Apple pushed a new Apple TV update (5.0.1) today. Primarily a bug fix, the update addresses the following issues:
- iTunes previews - Previews for movies and TV shows from the iTunes Store can now be viewed in HD.
- AirPlay - Fixes an issue that caused some iOS apps to have trouble connecting via AirPlay.
- Home Sharing - Improves the reliability of Home Sharing connections.
- Netflix - Addresses an issue affecting Netflix login and navigation.
- Stability and performance - Includes fixes for issues affecting stability and performance.
You can update your Apple TV by selecting Settings > General > Update Software on your unit.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration