Apple TV firmware update 5.0.1
Apple pushed a new Apple TV update (5.0.1) today. Primarily a bug fix, the update addresses the following issues:
- iTunes previews - Previews for movies and TV shows from the iTunes Store can now be viewed in HD.
- AirPlay - Fixes an issue that caused some iOS apps to have trouble connecting via AirPlay.
- Home Sharing - Improves the reliability of Home Sharing connections.
- Netflix - Addresses an issue affecting Netflix login and navigation.
- Stability and performance - Includes fixes for issues affecting stability and performance.
You can update your Apple TV by selecting Settings > General > Update Software on your unit.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV